1. In Italy, all 20 regions are very different. If you were in one or two - you're in Italy was not.
2. In each region its own dialect. Residents of neighboring regions can not understand each other.
3. Regions are divided into communes. Residents of communities can also have their own dialects and not understanding neighbors.
4. About 80% of businesses in Sicily, Calabria and digging pay tribute to the Mafia.
5. In Italy, there is no children's homes.
6. In Italy, there is no stray animals.
7. Men in families terrified of their wives.
8. The rules of driving in Italy, says that overtaking is possible to prevent high beams. In other European countries you can be fined for it.
9. If you ask for coffee at the bar in English, it may be worth 2 times more expensive.
10. For local prices in bars and cafes can be lower than for tourists.
11. The letter "C" will denote the faucet hot water (Calda).
12. Autostrada highway almost always paid. Speed is limited to 130 km / h. But many people do not care. Police with radar is very rare.
13. Most of the Italian designers made a fortune in sales in Russia.
14. The farther south the region - the friendly people.
15. Almost all of Italy is not recommended to drink tap water because of problems with plumbing.
16. Many Italians have a cottage on the sea.
17. All Italian words end in a vowel.
18. The kitchen is very different in each region.
19. Spaghetti alla Bolognese - the name for the tourists. People here call this dish is Spaghetti con ragu, not taking Bologna attempt to assign this dish.
20. In Italy, one of the highest life expectancies in the world.
21. The Italians and Spaniards understand each other because of the similarity of languages.
22. In the region of Aosta do not speak Italian and poorly understood. The main language German there.
23. That language, which is considered an official in Italy - in fact, the Florentine dialect. He became a general after the writing of Dante's "Divine Comedy".
24. In Italy, 54 police organizations. They all have the right to bear arms. Even the regulators.
25. Italy and Poland - two of the most religious country in Europe.
26. When completing the annual tax return to make a donation to the Catholic Church.
27. The tobacco shop has many functions - it can be replenished through the phone, buy a ticket for parking and even pay some taxes.
28. The most greedy and socially irresponsible mafia (Camorra) in Calabria - the only region in the freeway Salerno-Reggio built over 40 years. All this time the money is stolen.
29. In Italy there are almost all climatic zones except the extreme.
30. The main meal is at night, in the form of a dense family dinner.
31. The Italians drink a little juice, you will not find them in many restaurants.
32. Spirits Italians practically no use.
33. The main drinks - water or wine. Sometimes beer.
34. 60% of the cultural world heritage in Italy.
35. Florence - a city in Tuscany, with the largest pedestrian area in the world.
36. Olive oil should be bought from the peasants in the countryside. Buy it at the supermarket is considered bad form in most regions. To a lesser extent it concerns wine.
37. The Italians are actively using dozens of gestures when speaking. In general, there are hundreds. Born as an aid to communication due to significant difference of languages in the country.
38. Women are considered to be obscene gesture.
39. The most insulting gesture - "goat" of the index finger and thumb-up means that you are a cuckold. The same gesture with his fingers down wards off damage.
40.'s Wedding send one or two invitations. On the first you have the right to come on an official ceremony in the church, the second - on a merry drinking party and after party.
41. At Christmas, decided to give each other red panties. Yes, and that was luck, they have to sleep on Christmas night.
42. Most Italians have never traveled south of Rome.
43. In some regions, if there were three smokers, the youngest must extinguish a cigarette - a bad omen.
44. In conversation, for credibility, a good companion to take her elbow.
45. 80% of Italian territory is mountainous.
46. Italy - mononational country. 95% of the population - the Italians.
47. Even half a century ago, Italian was used only in the literature. All regions spoke their own languages. Spread language through television.
48. So far, 20% of people do not understand the Italian official.
49. The real Italian pizza baked in wood-fired ovens.
50. EU is trying to ban the production of some cheeses, pizza on wood, some types of ham in Italy, as inconsistent with notions of hygiene and standards (for pizza falls ashes buried in the land of cheese).
51. 98% of Italians - Catholic.
52. Pasta - it's not just pasta, but anything made from flour.
53. The most popular sport in Italy - football. Next come the motocross and cycling.
54. The name of the Italian national football team «Scuadra adzura» translated as "blue team". And the players are called «adzuri» - «blue."
55. The world's first ghetto for Jews Italians staged in Venice in the 16th century.
56. "Italian strike" is not a myth - it often means fun at work.
57. The Italians make fun of tourists who visit the cafe in the central squares, and pay huge money for poor quality food.
58. The best restaurants often have no signs. You can get there only on the recommendation.
59. If you buy it is necessary to take a check. You can delay the financial police with the package from the store, or pie in hand, asking where you bought it, and slapped a heavy fine in the absence of a check.
60. Previously, Lamborghini was known as the company that manufactures tractors. And from what they were scared to make luxury cars?
61. In Italy, the importance of blat and recommendations. Even if you just want a haircut. Come "from anyone," the doctor or hairdresser is strange.
62. Some laws are not binding. For example, in Italy there are hundreds of thousands of illegal buildings. Including in the coastal zone.
63. Within Italy there are two states: San Marino and Vatican City.
64. The Italians dress very much, "so-so" or even casually, like the black color. The exceptions are Milan, Rome, and several resorts.
65. In Italy, be allowed on the beach at night. Penalty - about 1,000 euros.
66. By the way, it is forbidden to claim back the sea water.
67. The Italians are not punctual. Time for them to nothing. It is better to come later so do not wait.
68. Timetable for trains, buses and airplanes are also quite arbitrary. Time, the platforms and gates on the placards - approximate.
69. Bag on one shoulder are just tourists. Local is always worn over the head. Can lift motorcycles.
70. Italians are not the heirs of the Roman Empire, though living in the same area.
71. Upon admission to state universities in Italy, do not take exams. Take all.
72. In Italian universities campuses and no hostel - all rented accommodation according to their capabilities.
73. Examinations in Italy in many universities who sit when he wants, as they become available: no sessions.
74. Official spouses divorce procedure in Italy lasts for about three years. Even then the court may order the man have his ex-wife, if she has enough money.
75. Dress in tourist areas do not have to moderate. Short skirts and shorts for women men are not welcome.
76. Work the Italians did not like. But very offended when they talk about it.
77. Form Italian police sewing Prada.
78. Esteemed person may be called by adding a prefix to the name "Doctor". This does not mean he has to do with medicine or graduate degrees.
79. The farther south, the more sincerely men kissing when meeting and parting. That's fine, but I was a bit hard getting used to, when unshaven mug climbs to you with outstretched lips.
80. Children are not just the Italians love, and allow them to do anything. If someone will turn the baby on your tomato sauce - you have to smile and tell how it's cute.
81. The Italians - fans of music and theater. Usually they buy an annual season tickets for the visit. In some theaters, tickets are not on subscriptions for no or very bad places.
82. Some organizations may consist only of members of one family or a clan.
83. In Italy, forbidden to draw chalk on the pavement.
84. In every village or town has its patron saint.
85. The number 17 is considered unlucky in Italy. A 13 - even quite cute.
86. The letters K, Y, W, X, J in the Italian alphabet available. Me without the "k" on the top was very uncomfortable.
87. The Italians are wary of blue-eyed people. It is believed that they may overlook.
88. In Italy (as well as in the U.S.) can not open an umbrella indoors - to bring bad luck.
89. By the way, pour the wine on the table - fortunately.
90. Clothes in Italy is better to buy in large malls in the country.
91. For a man, it is normal to live up to 40 years with his mother.
92. In August, the whole country together is going on vacation. Even large companies are stopped.
93. They do not yell and curse not - they are talking.
94. Natal - this Christmas. A Santa Claus, respectively Babb Natal.
95. In Italy, congratulates women on March 8.
96. The Italians are very fond of playing the lottery and sweepstakes all. To understand them is unthinkable. But they can do.
97. Internet in Italy only on presentation of a passport and leaving a copy at the Internet Club. And the phone SIM-card. Yes, and tickets to football, too.
98. Meat, fish, sausage and vegetables to buy high quality made in small shops with familiar people.
99. Bidets - a mandatory accessory of any (not public) toilet. Even in the hotel will zadripanom bidet. Moreover, the Italians are confident that we do not know what it is.
100. In many parts of Friday - men's day. In restaurants, the company strictly guys. The girls go to bars to this day indecent.