1. All three founders of YouTube (Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, Jawed Karim) worked at Paypal, when you started your project.
2. YouTube domain was registered February 15, 2005.
3. 70% of registered YouTube users in the U.S., 50% of YouTube users under 20 years of age.
4. If a Hollywood movie company was YouTube, it would have enough material for the production of 60 000 new movies every week.
5. In order to make as many videos as it was uploaded to YouTube over the past 2 months, TV networks NBC, ABC, CBS would have to work around the clock seven days a week since 1948.
6. The total volume of traffic on YouTube about the same as used all over the internet in 2000.
7. Should be more than 1,000 years to watch all the videos on Youtube (but by the time the videos uploaded to YouTube, there will be more per billion).
8. The most popular category for uploading the video - it's "Music", it contains about 20% of all videos YouTube.
9. The United States is charged on most YouTube videos, followed by Great Britain. Also, users are viewing the United States most of the video, the second most viewed - Japan.
10. The first-ever video posted on YouTube, it's "I'm in a zoo," uploaded April 23, 2005 one of the founders of YouTube, Jawed Karim.
11. Daily number of video views on YouTube is more than 2 billion.
12. Google bought YouTube in 2006 for $ 1.65 billion
13. The first video that opened the Russian version of YouTube in the 2007th year, was the clip of Peter Nalitch for the song "Guitar."
14. March 13, 2007 the company «Viacom» filed a lawsuit against Google, accusing YouTube service in mass copyright infringement, and demanding to give her personal details of all service users. Federal Judge of the Southern District of New York granted the plaintiff's claim, contrary to U.S. federal law.
15. Many users whose video became popular on YouTube, and later became stars outside the Internet. For example, a boy of Canadian superstar Justin Bieber received a costly contract with a record label for his records that his mother was laid out on YouTube.
16. "Easter egg" on YouTube: if at the time of uploading the video press the button up, down, left or right (alternative: hold up and left), then turn on the game "Snake".
17. Statistics for November 2010, at the moment on YouTube 35 hours of video is loaded, and a day - 50 400 hours.
18. Videos marked as deleted, not necessarily physically deleted. With the help of specialized applications, such as the Deleted YouTube Video Viewer, these files can be viewed.
19. In March 2009, the Chinese government blocked access to the site YouTube after it emerged the video Chinese soldiers beating Tibetan monks and other Tibetans.
20. According to Wikipedia, 15 February 2005 - the official beginning of the history of YouTube.